The Bridgeland-Riverside Community Association facilitates involvement and opportunities that attract, connect and sustain a diverse network of people and businesses to improve our collective quality of life.
The BRCA’s mission is to foster the vision for Bridgeland-Riverside by serving and engaging residents and other stakeholders of our community through:
- Facilitating the development and delivery of recreational and social programs
- Connecting the community with information and opportunities
- Engaging with the community to support healthy commerce
- Stewarding the land and facilities under the society’s care and making them optimally accessible to the community
- Coordinating and communicating urban planning issues for the future development of Bridgeland-Riverside, preserving its values, while supporting its evolution.
Become a Member
- Do you have a child between the ages of 3 and 11? Check out our Soccer Program.
- Love gardening? Get your hands dirty with the Garden Club.
- Need a tool? Check out the Calgary Tool Library.
Our wonderful local artist Janel Nail has created a mural to cover the 110 m chain-link fence at McDougall – Riverside Park (baseball diamond). Her designs, using geometric shapes, start with the Bow Glacier in the west and follow the journey of the river through mountain ranges, along forest foothills, right through the heart of our city and our community, ending in Alberta's beautiful prairie grasslands in the east. The designs depict this journey with nature and city scenes, animals and birds, plants, and people.
Please join us on Sunday, September 23 for an Art Walk & Reveal of the Connecting Back to the Bow mural!
See page 11 of the September issue of the Bridges newsletter for details.
This project is possible through generous funding from TD Park People, the Stepping Stone Fund – Calgary Foundation, and the
Bridgeland Riverside Neighbourhood Grant.
Stay tuned and get involved with the latest cool happenings in Bridgeland-Riverside on our website, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Be sure to follow Janel @makeandcreatestudio on Instagram, Facebook, and her website at makeandcreatestudio.ca. You can also contact Janel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hands up if you've enjoyed our new Village Piazza on General Avenue this summer?!
This project was created by the Bridgeland Riverside Community Association and made possible through The City of Calgary reinvesting parking revenue into our community. It is maintained through the efforts of AMAZING volunteers LIKE YOU *!
We encourage you to:
• Enjoy the space, gather, and socialize with friends and neighbours
• Be a steward and help keep it clean and tidy
• Please put chairs neatly back in place, clean up cigarettes and litter, and keep umbrellas down when not in use
• Let us know if something is broken or needs repair.
*If you'd like to help grow the beauty of this and other spaces in our community, (you're awesome!) get involved by emailing our Planning Director at email@example.com.
Join us for an afternoon of 'wheelie' fun events! Alongside our selection of regular and speciality vendors, this event also features:
- Live Music from Son of Ray
- Bike Decorating
- Bike Tips & Tricks
- Children's Arts & Crafts
- Face Painting
- Food Trucks
Meet the fabulous crew from our local shop, Bike and Brew who will be on hand to provide bike safety checks and tire fills.
Look for more updates on social media for more details of our Wheels and Wheelies event on August 16th. Hope to see you there!
Come paint with us!!!! Join us for a fun, collaborative painting experience, and help create the Connecting to the Bow River mural for the fence in McDougall - Riverside Park. No Art Experience is necessary. Spots are limited so register soon!