Hi there! Welcome to our Soccer page
SPRING SOCCER 2018 HAS ENDED!
Please watch for 2019 Registration updates and info in Jan/Feb 2019.
VOLUNTEERS: CLICK THIS LINK to go to the Online Volunteer sign up page to sign up and/or view current volunteer opportunities.
REFEREES: CLICK HERE to learn about being a ref for BRCA.
PARENTS: CLICK HERE to go to your team website! Select your childs team to be directed to the team site where you can find updates, notices, and schedules as applicable to your team.
CURRENT VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES:
Do you still need to get your soccer volunteer hours completed? Do you want to be involved with the community? Please check out the following CURRENT volunteer opportunities:
Year End Soccer Shed Tidy!
Date and Time: Thursday July 12 10:00am to 12:00pm
- Assist with tidying and organizing soccer equipment in shed.
- We will also do some inventory, and require someone to help drop off some items for donation or garbage.
To sign up, please go to www.volunteersignup.org/J7PKP
Calling all volunteers! We need people to help at the Sundown Social on July 18 4-9 pm and set up and take down an hour either side. Shifts will be as follows....
Set up 3-5pm
Shift one 4-6pm
Shift two 6-8pm
Shift three 8-10pm
Please email email@example.com if you are willing to help - added bonus if you have first aid training!
We are looking for volunteers to help our Artist Janel with our "Connecting to the Bow" Fence Art project - this may be especially workable for the soccer parents who still need to complete their volunteer hours.
Event day on July 28th - volunteer 2-3 hours either morning or afternoon
1) morning - set up tables and prep paints
2) morning teachers assistant - supporting the community/painters during the event, refilling paint, answering questions, explaining task as needed)
3) afternoon teachers assistant - supporting the community/painters during the event, refilling paint, answering questions, explaining task as needed)
4) later afternoon - clean up paints and tables, brushes , sweeping, putting away tables
5) Later in August - assist artist to install murals on fence using hardware
For more info or to register as a volunteer please contact Janel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is going to be a lovely mural -something we can all be proud of...
2018 SEASON INFORMATION:
START OF SEASON: Due to the weather, the start of the soccer season has been be delayed until early May. Thursday May 3 will be the first night for soccer for U8/U10/U12, and U4/U6 will begin the week of May 7th. Please expect an email from your Coach/Manager.
PHOTO NIGHTS: June 5 and June 6 will be our photo nights. A schedule will be available for your team soon. Your manager will update you!
END OF SEASON: The last games/practices will take place the week of June 18 to June 22.
WIND-UP PARTY: The wind-up party will take place on Monday June 25 at the BRCA Hall. Details will follow once the season begins.
2018 FIELD LOCATIONS:
Murdoch Park fields at Centre Ave & 9th Street NE will be used for the 2018 Soccer season.
On Tuesday or Thursdays (U8 – U12), Soccer MAY take place at Delta West Academy 2nd Ave and 11A St NE (as well as various away fields for away games).
You will be informed of the field assignments by your coach in April.
VOLUNTEER POLICY AND INFORMATION:
The overall success of any BRCA event or program depends upon our volunteers. When registering in Children’s Outdoor Soccer, a volunteer deposit cheque MAY be expected before the first soccer practice. All families will be expected to volunteer in ANY BRCA program or event for a minimum of 5 hours per family. The volunteer deposit cheque will be returned to those who fulfill their volunteer commitment.
There are many volunteer positions and your contribution can be directly related to your child’s soccer team, the soccer program or other BRCA events throughout the year. You will be contacted by the BRCA Volunteer coordinator or soccer coordinator with opportunities to volunteer for soccer duties or for a non-sports related event.
If someone is unwilling or unable to volunteer for the 5 hours, they can choose to pay a volunteer fee in order to "opt out" of the volunteer obligation.
PARENT VOLUNTEER RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a parent/guardian of a soccer registrant:
1) I am expected to volunteer for the BRCA in any program for a minimum of 5 hours unless I pay the Volunteer Fee to opt out.
2) If I do not pay the volunteer opt out fee, I MAY be expected to provide a POST-DATED cheque before the first soccer practice, and if I do not fulfill my volunteer obligation this cheque will be cashed.
3) I may still be asked to help with Team Related tasks that are not part of the "5 hour minimum". This does not include jobs like coaching, managing, Uniform handing out, equipment volunteers, photo night or community related jobs, but may include team things like snack rotation, setting up nets and equipment, helping coaches as required, etc.
4) A list of soccer volunteer opportunities will be available online once the season begins, and I will also be contacted by the volunteer coordinator with non-soccer related volunteer opportunities. It is my responsibility to ensure that I meet my volunteer obligation. If I do not, my volunteer cheque will be cashed.
**Please note, opt out fees and volunteer cheque fee will be determined PRIOR TO the start of the soccer season. The policy remains in effect.
For more information about volunteer opportunities in BRCA please contact the volunteer coordinator at email@example.com
Are you a soccer referee? Are you interested in becoming a soccer referee?
Please email the soccer coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org to get your name on our referee list or to find out how to learn more about becoming a referee!!
We will require referee’s for U10 and U12 games every week in May and June, as well as some special occasions like make-up games, pre-season games or tournaments.