- June 21: Farmer's Market 2018 Season starts
- July 18: Sundown Social - Under the 4th Avenue Flyover
- July 28: Bridgeland Riverside Public Art Paint Event - Connecting to the Bow River
- Summer 2018: Community Art Project - Connecting Back to the Bow
- Sep 16: Passeggiata
June 21: Farmer's Market 2018 Season starts
The Bridgeland Farmers' Market will return this summer!
The 2018 season starts June 21st and runs until October 4th. Stop by on
July 18: Sundown Social - Under the 4th Avenue Flyover
July 28: Bridgeland Riverside Public Art Paint Event - Connecting to the Bow River
Come paint with us!!!! Join us for a fun, collaborative painting experience at the Bridgeland Riverside Community Hall on July 28.
Over the past few months Janel Nail, our local artist has been designing and creating images, focusing on our theme; CONNECTING TO THE BOW RIVER. We would love your support in making our community even MORE beautiful! We will be painting the murals that will be installed on the chain link fence in McDougall-Riverside Park. Absolutely NO ART EXPERIENCE necessary! This event is free. Spots are limited. All materials, teaching, support and plywood primed murals will be included.
Here's how you can be part of Bridgeland Riverside's public art project!
1. Register on Eventbrite CLICK HERE. Choose a time (morning 9-noon or afternoon 2-5pm)
2. Bring yourself and bring a friend or family (register them all)
3. Wear your best-worst painting duds
4. Listen to easy-peasy painting instructions
5. Sit down, relax and paint your heart out!
6. Meet new people, enjoy music, snacks, fun!
7. Sign your name and enjoy your creativity for years to come!
We are so excited for this event and can't wait to see you there!
Please email Janel Nail at firstname.lastname@example.org for comments or questions
Community Art Project: Connecting Back to the Bow
Bridgeland-Riverside will be home to a new beautiful, inspiring public art project!
Throughout the summer, the community of Bridgeland-Riverside will have the opportunity to help beautify the chain link fence along McDougall/Riverside Park. With the designs and support of our wonderful local artist, Janel Nail, we will be painting murals that are inspired by the Bow River. We will be hosting several painting workshops, events and parties to celebrate this process. Through funding from TD Park and Bridgeland-Riverside, we are able to bring this amazing project to life!
Thank you to the BRCA Beautification Committee for all their hard work work in this process.
We invite you to join us for public workshops, installation events and celebratory functions! Stay tuned for all the fun events!
Sep 16: Passeggiata
Poster coming this summer!
Recent Events - 2018
- June 23: Parade of Garage Sales
- May 24: Annual General Meeting
- May 13: Springtime Recycling and Composting Clean-Up
- May 6: Spring Passeggiata
- April 28: Springtime Community Clean-Up
- March 27: Coffee with a Cop (cancelled due to police incident)
- March 10: LEGO Building Competition
- March 4: Community Potluck Supper
- February 15 & 16: Learn to Skate
- February 11: Build a (Flyover) Snowman / Fort
- January 30: BRCA Blockwatch Meeting - Building Safer Communities
- January 14: Community Potluck Supper
- January 1: New Year's Day Community Skating
Archived Events - 2017
- April 6: 4th Avenue Flyover Open House
- April 11: The UnderStory - Calgary Horticulture Presentation
- April 16: Easter Egg Hunt
- April 19: Soul of the City Grant Pitch Night, hosted by Andrew Phung
- April 20: Engaging Vulnerable Communities
- April 25: BRCA AGM
- April 29: Community Clean-Up
- May 6: Jane's Walk - Hidden in Plain Sight: Discover East Riverside, Calgary's Future Age-Friendly Neighbourhood
- May 28: Neighbourhood Spirit Challenge (Calgary Marathon Cheering)
- May 11: Be Safe, Not Sorry Workshop
- June 3: Parade of Garage Sales
- June 10: Cultura Fest
- June 15: Bridgeland Farmers' Market Launch
- July 4: Paint in the Park
- June 26: Eyes on the Street Meeting & Presentations
- July 28 to August 7: Calgary Historic Week
- August 10: Beautifying Murdoch Park
- August 17: Canada 150 at the Bridgeland Farmers' Market
- August 25: Rehab Society Canada 150
- August 26: Cello in the Garden
- Sept 28: Harvest: last Bridgeland Farmers' Market of the season
- September 17: La Passeggiata
- October 14: Parks Clean Up
- October 29: Halloween Family Party
- November 20: Open House - Bridgeland-Riverside ARP
- November 25: BRCA Holiday Market
- December 14: Seniors Holiday Luncheon
- December 17: Be a Bridgeland Elf
- December 17: Community Christmas Carolling