Bridgeland-Riverside U-4 to U-10 Springtime Soccer Program is looking for a Part-Time Soccer Coordinator.
Location: The soccer pitch at the former General Hospital site in Bridgeland-Riverside, Calgary
Description: The BRCA coordinates and support a girls-andboys U-4, U-6, U-8 and U-10 soccer program from April to June. In recent years the program has grown significantly. The cost to families reflects compulsory parentparticipation (i.e., volunteer coaches and parents prepare snacks) and local sponsorship. In some years the program has had fun competition with other inner city communities and we plan to continue this.
Responsibilities: The Soccer Coordinator's role is to coordinate the program on behalf of the BRCA and will:
- be a point of contact for the BRCA
- organize volunteers and teams
- maintain the equipment and uniform inventories
- work in tandem with other programs at the Hall
- arrange matches with other soccer programs
- be available to parents for questions that may arise
- report all hours and stay within allotted time
- organise the soccer windup event in June
Compensation: Hours will be about 5 to 30 hours per week and paid monthly at the end of the month. The start date will be around March 1st and the end date June 30th. Total hours will likely not exceed 80. The rate of pay will be between $20- $25/hr depending on qualifications and experience.
- Demonstrated success in coordinating volunteers
- Experience with similar sports programs will be considered an asset Other Requirements:
- Must be able to work mostly from home
- Must meet at the Hall for meetings or Munroe Park to organize volunteers, as needed (917 Centre Ave NE, Calgary)
- Must have own cell phone and email contacts
How to Apply: Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com before March 1, 2015.