The Bridgeland-Riverside Community Association facilitates involvement and opportunities that attract, connect and sustain a diverse network of people and businesses to improve our collective quality of life.
The BRCA’s mission is to foster the vision for Bridgeland-Riverside by serving and engaging residents and other stakeholders of our community through:
- Facilitating the development and delivery of recreational and social programs
- Connecting the community with information and opportunities
- Engaging with the community to support healthy commerce
- Stewarding the land and facilities under the society’s care and making them optimally accessible to the community
- Coordinating and communicating urban planning issues for the future development of Bridgeland-Riverside, preserving its values, while supporting its evolution.
Become a Member
- New to the neighbourhood? Welcome! Check out our Welcome to Bridgeland-Riverside slideshow.
- Do you have a child between the ages of 3 and 11? Check out our Soccer Program.
- Love gardening? Get your hands dirty with the Garden Club.
- Need a tool? Check out the Calgary Tool Library.
Love the General Plaza Improvements? Do you want to help continue growing this space? Are you interested in events?Llive music? Art?
Friends of General Plaza Meeting
Sunday, May 26th - 10 am
Check out the May 2019 edition of the BRCA Bridges newsletter.
The Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Bridgeland-Riverside Community Association will be held at 7:00 PM on Friday, May 24, 2019 at the Community Hall, 917 Centre Avenue N.E., Calgary, Alberta.
Update: May 17, 2019
The Board of Directors has been made aware, informally, of a few people who might yet come forward to stand for election as directors at the AGM. Fingers crossed. At this time, though, the alphabetical list of individuals who are presently known to be standing for election / re-election is:
Brian Beck, PresidentJoe BellandAna HoepfnerDeb LeeJil MacdonaldAlex MacWilliamAli McMillanSusan MulhollandJoanna Wynn
Under BRCA’s Bylaws, the maximum number of directors is 13, which means that there is room for (at least) 5 new-director nominees before the Board would be fully composed. Please reach out to us for more information if you might be interested in joining BRCA’s Board!
Coming soon - but the fun part is there's a PUB NIGHT after the AGM!
Looking for more info?
Archived AGM minutes and financial records are kept on the BRCA Board page.
The BRCA Conflict of Interest Policy and the BRCA Code of Ethics, our Bylaws, and other governance documents are kept on the BRCA Governance page.