The Bridgeland-Riverside Community Association facilitates involvement and opportunities that attract, connect and sustain a diverse network of people and businesses to improve our collective quality of life.
The BRCA’s mission is to foster the vision for Bridgeland-Riverside by serving and engaging residents and other stakeholders of our community through:
- Facilitating the development and delivery of recreational and social programs
- Connecting the community with information and opportunities
- Engaging with the community to support healthy commerce
- Stewarding the land and facilities under the society’s care and making them optimally accessible to the community
- Coordinating and communicating urban planning issues for the future development of Bridgeland-Riverside, preserving its values, while supporting its evolution.
Become a Member
- New to the neighbourhood? Welcome! Check out our Welcome to Bridgeland-Riverside slideshow.
- Do you have a child between the ages of 3 and 11? Check out our Soccer Program.
- Love gardening? Get your hands dirty with the Garden Club.
- Need a tool? Check out the Calgary Tool Library.
Check out the July 2019 edition of the BRCA Bridges newsletter.
Despite nasty weather warnings, we pulled it off. It took a huge team of volunteers to make this happen.
A HUGE thank you to all these amazing neighbours and friends for helping make our community more beautiful
- Mitzi who made magic happen with her amazing people skills
- Craig & Linda whom we love 'cause they moved everything with their pickup truck
- Kyle who moved chairs and dedicatedly came back to help offload
- Tannis who engineered the cake cutting and chatted in Spanish
- Luc, Lucia & Alan who diligently painted picnic tables with expertise
- Rui & daughter who energetically moved chairs
- Jodi & Farmers Market who let us use their tents
- Kari & Sue who creatively painted faces
- Twyla who magically brought us all together via the Mobile Market
- Mobile Market people who added such a positive, interesting and colourful element to this event
- Ali & Katie (artist) who gathered feedback re: wayfinding maps, colours and "furbaniture"
- Jayce, storyteller from the Federation of Calgary Communities, who interviewed us and took photos
- Ainsley & colleague from City of Calgary who led children’s activities
- Pam McHugh from The City of Calgary who always so strongly supports us behind the scenes before, during and after these events
- Amber & colleagues at North Hill Coop Bakery for the delicious, gorgeously decorated chocolate-vanilla cake
- TD Parks People for funding this event
- Janel the artist who created "Connecting Back to the Bow" (images along baseball diamond fence) and orchestrated the picnic table painting
- Pam at BRCA Hall who supported behind the scenes and let us use their “stuff” (tables, chairs, tents etc)
- Ana, BRCA Communications for our professional poster
- Deb, BRCA Heritage whose multi-tasking glued the event together from start to finish
- Susan, BRCA Secretary for leading this fabulous Beautification Committee initiative
- and apologies if we forgot someone. Bridgeland Love to all of you!
Piano in the Piazza
Big thanks to Cassa Musical Arts!
Check out the June 2019 edition of the BRCA Bridges newsletter.
On the cover
Congrats to amazing Community Hero Carmon Blacklock! Volunteering for over 7 years as president, treasurer and dedicated rink rat, Carmon has also built, flooded and shoveled our community's ice rink each year.
Carmon was recognized with the Toole Peet Community Hero Award at the BRCA Annual General Meeting on May 24, 2019.
Thank you Carmon!