The Bridgeland-Riverside Community Association facilitates involvement and opportunities that attract, connect and sustain a diverse network of people and businesses to improve our collective quality of life.
The BRCA’s mission is to foster the vision for Bridgeland-Riverside by serving and engaging residents and other stakeholders of our community through:
- Facilitating the development and delivery of recreational and social programs
- Connecting the community with information and opportunities
- Engaging with the community to support healthy commerce
- Stewarding the land and facilities under the society’s care and making them optimally accessible to the community
- Coordinating and communicating urban planning issues for the future development of Bridgeland-Riverside, preserving its values, while supporting its evolution.
Become a Member
- New to the neighbourhood? Welcome! Check out our Welcome to Bridgeland-Riverside slideshow.
- Do you have a child between the ages of 3 and 11? Check out our Soccer Program.
- Love gardening? Get your hands dirty with the Garden Club.
- Need a tool? Check out the Calgary Tool Library.
Created with the intention of making Calgary more walkable, Near Here combines
exploration and human interaction, resulting in organic wayfinding to help pedestrians
discover what's ‘near here’ in the neighbourhood. The board's aim is to encourage
active transportation, leverage community knowledge, and activate a space within the
The Near Here board is a physical, analog chalkboard (around 6.5ft high and 4ft wide)
that will be mounted into the sidewalk. People will be invited to engage and interact
with the board in order to create a living wayfinding system for a neighbourhood.
The Near Here project began at the City of Calgary’s 2018 Pedestrian Hackathon. The
project won the “Play” category at the Hackathon and went on to receive a grant from
the Alberta Traffic Safety Fund to bring the concept to life. With the support of the City
of Calgary and four of Calgary’s communities, the Near Here pilot project is taking place
between May and August 2019. The team is comprised of three current and former
MRU Information Design students and a transportation engineer, working to bring the
pilot project to the streets (or more accurately, the sidewalks) of Calgary!
Share the Bridgeland Love online! 💚
Follow the conversation on social media with the hashtags
#nearhereyyc #nearherebgl #wayfindingdesign #yyccommunity #calgarylife
#wayfindingsignage #interactiveinstallation #publicspaces
To learn more, please visit nearhereyyc.com
Lettuce turnip the beet!
We're back for the summer of 2019, veggier and better than ever.
The outdoor market experience launches Thursday, June 20th from 3:30 to 7:30 pm.
Love the General Plaza Improvements? Do you want to help continue growing this space? Are you interested in events?Llive music? Art?
Friends of General Plaza Meeting
Sunday, May 26th - 10 am
Check out the May 2019 edition of the BRCA Bridges newsletter.