The Bridgeland-Riverside Community Association facilitates involvement and opportunities that attract, connect and sustain a diverse network of people and businesses to improve our collective quality of life.
The BRCA’s mission is to foster the vision for Bridgeland-Riverside by serving and engaging residents and other stakeholders of our community through:
- Facilitating the development and delivery of recreational and social programs
- Connecting the community with information and opportunities
- Engaging with the community to support healthy commerce
- Stewarding the land and facilities under the society’s care and making them optimally accessible to the community
- Coordinating and communicating urban planning issues for the future development of Bridgeland-Riverside, preserving its values, while supporting its evolution.
Become a Member
- New to the neighbourhood? Welcome! Check out our Welcome to Bridgeland-Riverside slideshow.
- Do you have a child between the ages of 3 and 11? Check out our Soccer Program.
- Love gardening? Get your hands dirty with the Garden Club.
- Need a tool? Check out the Calgary Tool Library.
Please save the date!
This year's Community Cleanup will be on April 27, 2019, from 9 am to 1:30 pm.
Seriously the BIGGEST NEWS ever! Please join us on March 15th.
UPDATE: Announcement March 15
The Province and City are investing $2 million into Flyover Park. The Alberta government approved $1 million in funding, which has been matched by The City of Calgary.
This is a project our community and the Flyover Kids at Langevin School designed together. We couldn't be prouder, or more grateful.
THANK YOU to everyone who helped make this possible.
To support this project, please donate via the Parks Foundation Calgary
Come work with the best community association in Calgary!
If you're awesome at accounting and you love Bridgeland-Riverside, we're looking for you.
This is a cool part-time gig, 16-20 hours a month, working with the BRCA Board Executive, particularly the Treasurer.
Start date: asap - early March 2019
- Maintaining and updating the accounting records and files for A/P and A/R
- Posting and preparing cheques for all payables as instructed
- Payroll, monthly remittances, annual T4 filing
- Reconciliation of all bank accounts
- Posting deposits and reconciling all corresponding electronic income
- Maintaining damage deposit report
- Quarterly GST filing
- Financial summaries/reports for each department /group /rentals as requested
- Annual WCB report/filing
- Preparation of the annual year end reports and files for auditors
- Semi-annual bonus configuration and calculation for rentals
- Preparation of AGLC report for Casino funding as required
- Understanding of Google Drive and PayPal systems
How to apply
Join us for the NEW indoor Farmers' Market held at the BRCA Hall, on the first Thursday of the month, from February to May 2019.
Farmers, makers, and bakers (plus movers and shakers!) will all be available for you to shop and support local.
Check back often for more info, here and on our Facebook page
- Free hot drinks
- Skating, weather permitting
Did you know that funds raised from our casino support the community hall, community events, and our soccer and seniors programs?
Please sign up to volunteer for a shift on March 18th or 19th (or both). Volunteering is easy, and a fun way to get to know your neighbours.
CLICK HERE to volunteer!