The Bridgeland-Riverside Community Association facilitates involvement and opportunities that attract, connect and sustain a diverse network of people and businesses to improve our collective quality of life.
The BRCA’s mission is to foster the vision for Bridgeland-Riverside by serving and engaging residents and other stakeholders of our community through:
- Facilitating the development and delivery of recreational and social programs
- Connecting the community with information and opportunities
- Engaging with the community to support healthy commerce
- Stewarding the land and facilities under the society’s care and making them optimally accessible to the community
- Coordinating and communicating urban planning issues for the future development of Bridgeland-Riverside, preserving its values, while supporting its evolution.
Become a Member
- New to the neighbourhood? Welcome! Check out our Welcome to Bridgeland-Riverside slideshow.
- Do you have a child between the ages of 3 and 11? Check out our Soccer Program.
- Love gardening? Get your hands dirty with the Garden Club.
- Need a tool? Check out the Calgary Tool Library.
Check out the July 2019 edition of the BRCA Bridges newsletter.
Despite nasty weather warnings, we pulled it off. It took a huge team of volunteers to make this happen.
A HUGE thank you to all these amazing neighbours and friends for helping make our community more beautiful
- Mitzi who made magic happen with her amazing people skills
- Craig & Linda whom we love 'cause they moved everything with their pickup truck
- Kyle who moved chairs and dedicatedly came back to help offload
- Tannis who engineered the cake cutting and chatted in Spanish
- Luc, Lucia & Alan who diligently painted picnic tables with expertise
- Rui & daughter who energetically moved chairs
- Jodi & Farmers Market who let us use their tents
- Kari & Sue who creatively painted faces
- Twyla who magically brought us all together via the Mobile Market
- Mobile Market people who added such a positive, interesting and colourful element to this event
- Ali & Katie (artist) who gathered feedback re: wayfinding maps, colours and "furbaniture"
- Jayce, storyteller from the Federation of Calgary Communities, who interviewed us and took photos
- Ainsley & colleague from City of Calgary who led children’s activities
- Pam McHugh from The City of Calgary who always so strongly supports us behind the scenes before, during and after these events
- Amber & colleagues at North Hill Coop Bakery for the delicious, gorgeously decorated chocolate-vanilla cake
- TD Parks People for funding this event
- Janel the artist who created "Connecting Back to the Bow" (images along baseball diamond fence) and orchestrated the picnic table painting
- Pam at BRCA Hall who supported behind the scenes and let us use their “stuff” (tables, chairs, tents etc)
- Ana, BRCA Communications for our professional poster
- Deb, BRCA Heritage whose multi-tasking glued the event together from start to finish
- Susan, BRCA Secretary for leading this fabulous Beautification Committee initiative
- and apologies if we forgot someone. Bridgeland Love to all of you!
Piano in the Piazza
Big thanks to Cassa Musical Arts!