Despite nasty weather warnings, we pulled it off. It took a huge team of volunteers to make this happen.
A HUGE thank you to all these amazing neighbours and friends for helping make our community more beautiful
- Mitzi who made magic happen with her amazing people skills
- Craig & Linda whom we love 'cause they moved everything with their pickup truck
- Kyle who moved chairs and dedicatedly came back to help offload
- Tannis who engineered the cake cutting and chatted in Spanish
- Luc, Lucia & Alan who diligently painted picnic tables with expertise
- Rui & daughter who energetically moved chairs
- Jodi & Farmers Market who let us use their tents
- Kari & Sue who creatively painted faces
- Twyla who magically brought us all together via the Mobile Market
- Mobile Market people who added such a positive, interesting and colourful element to this event
- Ali & Katie (artist) who gathered feedback re: wayfinding maps, colours and "furbaniture"
- Jayce, storyteller from the Federation of Calgary Communities, who interviewed us and took photos
- Ainsley & colleague from City of Calgary who led children’s activities
- Pam McHugh from The City of Calgary who always so strongly supports us behind the scenes before, during and after these events
- Amber & colleagues at North Hill Coop Bakery for the delicious, gorgeously decorated chocolate-vanilla cake
- TD Parks People for funding this event
- Janel the artist who created "Connecting Back to the Bow" (images along baseball diamond fence) and orchestrated the picnic table painting
- Pam at BRCA Hall who supported behind the scenes and let us use their “stuff” (tables, chairs, tents etc)
- Ana, BRCA Communications for our professional poster
- Deb, BRCA Heritage whose multi-tasking glued the event together from start to finish
- Susan, BRCA Secretary for leading this fabulous Beautification Committee initiative
- and apologies if we forgot someone. Bridgeland Love to all of you!
Do you like this post?