Hi there! Welcome to our Soccer page
SPRING SOCCER 2019 REGISTRATION
Soccer Registration OPEN Feb 15 to Mar 25
OUTDOOR SOCCER SEASON
February 15, 2019 - Early Bird Registration begins
March 1, 2019 - Regular Registration begins
March 25, 2019 - Registration ends (late fee will apply if space available)
Weather pending, we will begin practicing the week of April 22, 2019 and games will start the week of April 29, 2019 or May 6, 2019.
Games/Practices End Thursday June 20, 2019. There will be a soccer wind-up event on Monday June 24, 2019.
AGE CATEGORIES BASED ON BIRTH YEAR
- 2007/2008: U12 Mixed Tuesdays and Thursdays 6:30 to 7:30pm
- 2009/2010 U10 Mixed Tuesdays and Thursdays 6:30 to 7:30pm
- 2011/2012: U8 Mixed Tuesdays and Thursdays 6:30 to 7:30pm
- 2013/2014: U6 Mixed Mondays OR Wednesdays 6:00 to 7:00pm
- 2015/2016: U4 Mixed Mondays OR Wednesdays 6:00 to 7:00pm
U4 and U6, one night per week, includes a soccer shirt:
- $55 Early Bird (until March 1)
- $65 Regular Registration (until March 25)
- $75 Late Registration (after March 25 IF space available)
U8, U10 and U12, two nights per week, includes soccer shirt, shorts and socks:
- $95 Early Bird (until March 1)
- $105 Regular Registration (until March 25)
- $115 Late Registration (after March 25 IF space available)
Murdoch Park fields at Centre Ave & 9th Street NE will normally be used for the 2019 Soccer season.
You will be informed of the field assignments by your coach in April.
VOLUNTEER POLICY AND INFORMATION
The overall success of any BRCA event or program depends upon our volunteers. When registering in Children’s Outdoor Soccer, a volunteer deposit cheque MAY BE expected before the first soccer practice. All families will be expected to volunteer in ANY BRCA program or event for a minimum of 4 hours per family. The volunteer deposit cheque will be returned to those who fulfill their volunteer commitment.
There are many volunteer positions and your contribution can be directly related to your child’s soccer team, the soccer program or other BRCA events throughout the year. You will be contacted by the BRCA Volunteer coordinator or soccer coordinator with opportunities to volunteer for soccer duties or for a non-sports related event.
If someone is unwilling or unable to volunteer for the 4 hours, they can choose to pay a volunteer fee in order to "opt out" of the volunteer obligation.
Parent Volunteer Responsibilities
As a parent/guardian of a soccer registrant
- I am expected to volunteer for the BRCA in any program for a minimum of 4 hours unless I pay the Volunteer Fee to opt out.
- If I do not pay the volunteer opt out fee, I MAY BE expected to provide a POST-DATED cheque before the first soccer practice, and if I do not fulfill my volunteer obligation this cheque will be cashed.
- I may still be asked to help with Team Related tasks that are not part of the "4 hour minimum". This does not include jobs like coaching, managing, uniform handing out, equipment volunteers, photo night or community related jobs, but may include team things like snack rotation, setting up nets, helping coaches as required etc.
- A list of soccer volunteer opportunities will be available online once the season begins, and I will also be contact by the volunteer coordinator with non-soccer related volunteer opportunities. It is my responsibility to ensure that I meet my volunteer obligation. If I do not, my volunteer cheque MAY BE cashed.
**Please note, opt out fees and volunteer cheque fee will be determined PRIOR TO REGISTRATION on February 15 of the 2019. The policy remains in effect.
For more information about volunteer opportunities in BRCA please contact the volunteer coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you a soccer referee? Are you interested in becoming a soccer referee?
Please email the soccer coordinator at email@example.com to get your name on our referee list or to find out how to learn more about becoming a referee!!
We will require referee’s for U10 and U12 games every week in May and June, as well as some special occasions like make-up games, pre-season games or tournaments.