Hi there! Welcome to our Soccer page
Apply by December 16, 2019 by E-mail with a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org This is a Term Position but with an opportunity for annual renewal, Part time hours, a flexible schedule, and to start at the beginning of January 2020.
Registration open from February 1 to March 15, 2020.
BRCA outdoor soccer is for community youths aged 3 to 13. You will need to purchase a 2020 BRCA family membership in order to register.
Age Categories based on Birth Year - please note a youth can play down a level but cannot play up.
2016/2017: U4 Mixed choose Mondays OR Wednesdays 6:00 to 7:00pm (4 to 3 yrs)
2014/2015: U6 Mixed choose Mondays OR Wednesdays 6:00 to 7:00pm (6 to 5 yrs)
2012/2013: U8 Mixed Tuesdays and Thursdays 6:30 to 7:30pm (8 to 7 yrs)
2010/2011: U10 Mixed Tuesdays and Thursdays 6:30 to 7:30pm (10 to 9 yrs)
2007/2008/2009: U13 Mixed Tuesdays and Thursdays 6:30 to 7:30pm (13 to 11 yrs)
More details to come, in the meantime, if you have any questions please email Hall@brcacalgary.org
Air Quality Health Index and Outdoor Soccer
As suggested by the Alberta Soccer Association:
- 3 or less - practices and games proceed as normal
- 4 to 6 - adjust exertion intensity, duration and increase resting periods
- 7 or above - cancel practice or game
For up to date information visit: Calgary Air Quality Health Index
Weather and Game Cancellations
Parents: check your email at 5:00 pm as all contact will be done through email. If you do not receive a cancellation email by 5:00 pm, the game is on.
Reasons for cancellations are:
- Smoke advisory of 7+
- Safety - wet, slippery conditions or lightening potential
- Cold - if it is too cold, it is not fun for anyone
- Field Conditions - the integrity of the fields need to be considered
- Miscellaneous - other reasons not listed are at the discretion of BRCA
Are you a soccer referee? Are you interested in becoming a soccer referee?
Please email the soccer coordinator at email@example.com to get your name on our referee list or to find out how to learn more about becoming a referee!
We will require referees for U10 and U13 games every week in May and June, as well as some special occasions like make-up games, pre-season games or tournaments.
U4 and U6 Monday nights at Murdoch Park - Centre Ave & 9 St, NE
U4 and U6 Wednesday nights at Murdoch Park
U8 home field is at Delta West Academy - 2 Ave & 11A St, NE
U10 and U13 home field is at Murdoch Park
- Come with shin guards, runners or cleats and water bottle
- Plan for rain and cold and bring clothing appropriate for the weather.
- Arrive a few minutes early to find your team.
Volunteering Roles: Soccer Program or Community-Based Volunteer
We have roles specific to the Soccer program (Apr to June) or the general Community (throughout 2020). You are welcome to select multiple roles, perhaps one role in Soccer and one role in the Community, the choice is up to you.
Sample Soccer Roles
- Coach, Assistant
- Team Manager
- Equipment Crew
- Field Crew
- Photography Support
- Uniform Distribution
- Wind Up Party Team
Sample Community Roles
- Community Clean Up
- Bike Day
- Pub Night
- Planting shrubs at the community hall
- General Plaza
- Farmers Market
- Poster Design
- Plant Share
- Transportation Committee
- Membership Committee
- Skating Rink
Volunteering in your community is a fun way to meet other people, give back and help build a strong community.
Need help picking a volunteer role – or have questions in general?
Please email Jodi at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks everyone! Weather depending, practice starts April 20, 2020. Last games June 18, 2020. Wind up party June 23, 2020. We look forward to seeing you next spring!
VOLUNTEER POLICY AND INFORMATION
The overall success of any BRCA event or program depends upon our volunteers. All families will be expected to volunteer in a BRCA program or event for a minimum of 4 hours per family.
There are many volunteer positions and your contribution can be directly related to your child’s soccer team, the soccer program or other BRCA events throughout the year. You will be contacted by the BRCA Volunteer coordinator or soccer coordinator with opportunities to volunteer for soccer duties or for a non-sports related event.
If someone is unwilling or unable to volunteer for the 4 hours, they can choose to pay a volunteer fee ($75) in order to opt out of the volunteer obligation.
Parent Volunteer Responsibilities
As a parent/guardian of a soccer registrant
- I am expected to volunteer for the BRCA in any program for a minimum of 4 hours unless I pay the Volunteer Fee to opt out.
- I may still be asked to help with Team Related tasks that are not part of the "4 hour minimum". This does not include jobs like coaching, managing, uniform handing out, equipment volunteers, photo night or community related jobs, but may include team things like snack rotation, setting up nets, helping coaches as required etc.
- A list of soccer volunteer opportunities will be available online once the season begins, and I will also be contact by the volunteer coordinator with non-soccer related volunteer opportunities. It is my responsibility to ensure that I meet my volunteer obligation.
**Please note, opt out fees will be determined PRIOR TO REGISTRATION on February 1 of the 2020. The policy remains in effect.
For more information about volunteer opportunities in BRCA please contact the volunteer coordinator at email@example.com