Hi there! Welcome to our Soccer page
Air Quality Health Index and Outdoor Soccer
As suggested by the Alberta Soccer Association:
- 3 or less - practices and games proceed as normal
- 4 to 6 - adjust exertion intensity, duration and increase resting periods
- 7 or above - cancel practice or game
For up to date information visit: Calgary Air Quality Health Index
Weather and Game Cancellations
Parents: check your email at 5:00 pm as all contact will be done through email. If you do not receive a cancellation email by 5:00 pm, the game is on.
Reasons for cancellations are:
- Smoke advisory of 7+
- Safety - wet, slippery conditions or lightening potential
- Cold - if it is too cold, it is not fun for anyone
- Field Conditions - the integrity of the fields need to be considered
- Miscellaneous - other reasons not listed are at the discretion of BRCA
Are you a soccer referee? Are you interested in becoming a soccer referee?
Please email the soccer coordinator at email@example.com to get your name on our referee list or to find out how to learn more about becoming a referee!
We will require referees for U10 and U13 games every week in May and June, as well as some special occasions like make-up games, pre-season games or tournaments.
U4 and U6 Monday nights at Murdoch Park - Centre Ave & 9 St, NE
U4 and U6 Wednesday nights at Murdoch Park
U8 home field is at Delta West Academy - 2 Ave & 11A St, NE
U10 and U13 home field is at Murdoch Park
- Come with shin guards, runners or cleats and water bottle
- Plan for rain and cold and bring clothing appropriate for the weather.
- Arrive a few minutes early to find your team.
Volunteering Roles: Soccer Program or Community-Based Volunteer
We have roles specific to the Soccer program (Apr to June) or the general Community (throughout 2019). You are welcome to select multiple roles, perhaps one role in Soccer and one role in the Community, the choice is up to you.
Sample Soccer Roles
- Coach, Assistant
- Team Manager
- Equipment Crew
- Field Crew
- Photography Support
- Uniform Distribution
- Wind Up Party Team
Sample Community Roles
- Community Clean Up
- Bike Day
- Pub Night
- Planting shrubs at the community hall
- General Plaza
- Farmers Market
- Poster Design
- Plant Share
- Transportation Committee
- Membership Committee
- Skating Rink
Volunteering in your community is a fun way to meet other people, give back and help build a strong community.
Need help picking a volunteer role – or have questions in general?
Please email Jodi at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks everyone! Weather depending, practice starts April 23. Games will end June 20. Wind up party June 24, 2019. We look forward to seeing you this spring!
VOLUNTEER POLICY AND INFORMATION
The overall success of any BRCA event or program depends upon our volunteers. When registering in Children’s Outdoor Soccer, a volunteer deposit cheque MAY BE expected before the first soccer practice. All families will be expected to volunteer in ANY BRCA program or event for a minimum of 4 hours per family. The volunteer deposit cheque will be returned to those who fulfill their volunteer commitment.
There are many volunteer positions and your contribution can be directly related to your child’s soccer team, the soccer program or other BRCA events throughout the year. You will be contacted by the BRCA Volunteer coordinator or soccer coordinator with opportunities to volunteer for soccer duties or for a non-sports related event.
If someone is unwilling or unable to volunteer for the 4 hours, they can choose to pay a volunteer fee in order to opt out of the volunteer obligation.
Parent Volunteer Responsibilities
As a parent/guardian of a soccer registrant
- I am expected to volunteer for the BRCA in any program for a minimum of 4 hours unless I pay the Volunteer Fee to opt out.
- If I do not pay the volunteer opt out fee, I MAY BE expected to provide a POST-DATED cheque before the first soccer practice, and if I do not fulfill my volunteer obligation this cheque will be cashed.
- I may still be asked to help with Team Related tasks that are not part of the "4 hour minimum". This does not include jobs like coaching, managing, uniform handing out, equipment volunteers, photo night or community related jobs, but may include team things like snack rotation, setting up nets, helping coaches as required etc.
- A list of soccer volunteer opportunities will be available online once the season begins, and I will also be contact by the volunteer coordinator with non-soccer related volunteer opportunities. It is my responsibility to ensure that I meet my volunteer obligation. If I do not, my volunteer cheque MAY BE cashed.
**Please note, opt out fees and volunteer cheque fee will be determined PRIOR TO REGISTRATION on February 15 of the 2019. The policy remains in effect.
For more information about volunteer opportunities in BRCA please contact the volunteer coordinator at email@example.com